Monday, October 26, 2015

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step-Lao Tzu


 October 2015

    In the last few years I have dipped my feet in the proverbial fitness pool. I tried to curtail the purchase of the 21 day fix program because I figured you can find almost anything on the internet and that I could cheat the system. With only a few articles I embarked on a mission to attempt my own version. This failed and didn't last more than a week, week and a half maybe.

    A few days ago I made the decision to buy a challenge pack with shakeology and the REAL 21 day fix program. I am blessed enough that my friend Bekka is also embarking on the journey with me beginning November 2nd.

 But fitness is more than one program, it is a mind set. It is a conscious effort. These are the steps I have made in the past week to move in a positive direction for my health and fitness. I am also putting my goals below. Ask yourself, what are you going to do to live a more fit lifestyle? Don't you think you are worth the extra time and work?

What I've done for my fitness journey

  • Went to the gym twice in the last week to weight lift (celebrate even the smallest of steps or you will always be able to let failure sneak in).
  • Fitbit achievements--Over 9k steps a day since Friday
    • Since Friday October 23rd
      • 9000+ steps: Friday October 23rd; Sunday October 25th
      • 18,000+ steps Saturday October 24th (Gym in morning, concert where I danced at night)


  • Meal prepped last night. Did not count calories or portion to a certain dietary need. It was more to have real meals and not opt out for things that seem fast and cheap. I also opted for leaner meats and healthier alternative. My menu consisted of: 
      • Pot roast, baby carrots, onion, and red potatoes in a red wine braised seasoning
      • Steak with sweet peppers and brown rice
      • Lemon pepper chicken, broccoli, and sweet potato (baked with brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon)
      • Turkey tips with baked asparagus (olive oil, salt, pepper)---ideally served with salad
      • Shredded roasted chicken (for use with salad/wraps or served with left overs of brown rice)
    • Set up my beachbody coaching website, my individual profile, and found one friend to embark on the 21 day fix ride with me (ups and downs, we WILL finish this).
      • Check out my coaching page! From there you can see my personal profile; learn about beach body's 19 programs; and even purchase items.
      • Learn more about 21 day fix!  If interested--use my coach ID (8757380 and I am more than willing to help you in your own journey! If you are on the beach body site, find me under username TEESH09
    • Bought the book "You are a badass" by Jen Sincero 
    • Started a small motivational group for my closest friends to try to share recipes; fitness facts; motivation; and overall support. 


    Goals for my fitness journey
    • Smaller goals
    • Medium goals
      • Complete 21 day fix.My success will make others want to succeed. Remind myself to STAY COMMITTED. I AM WORTH IT.
      • Help Bekka complete 21 day fix, keep her motivated, support her journey!
      • Start my own challenge group once I get my feet wet more with the beach body coaching system and program(s). 
    • Large goals
      • Toned stomach
      • Better attitude
      • More confidence

      For anyone who took the time to read this thank you, I wish you the best on your own fitness journey. Feel free to continue to follow me and reach out if anything I post strikes a chord.

    Sincerely,
    Tiesha

      

    No comments:

    Post a Comment