Sunday, December 6, 2015

Review of the BB Performance line of supplements


My review of the Beach Body supplement line (3/5 of the line tried--see below or check out my Facebook page).


Right before December started I decided to try out the performance line of supplements that beach body released this past Summer. It was developed by Harvard trained scientists and the pre-workout claimed to be "different" then other pre-workouts. At first I thought, 'yeah sure, that's what everyone says' but decided to try it anyway.
On Sunday I mixed Energize, packed Hydrate for the gym, and was on my way. Both mix up as bright neon concotions, which admittedly was a bit weird at first, but the flavor made up for the odd appearance.
As prmised, the pre-workout kept me focused but did not have the usual negative effects (jittery, pins and needles, racing heart, and so on). While working out, I was surprised to find that Hydrate lived up to the name. It seemed almost 'wetter' than water, a strange observation I know but hard to explain unless you've tried it.
Following my workout I took Recover and it instructed me to mix with water. I was SO apprehensive to do that as any other protein I had mixed with water was TERRIBLE. But this was not that bad (reminded me of the old school chocolate slim fast). Not delicious by any stretch but definitely tolerable.
I did not try the Creatine because I'm not sure I will be incorporating that into my fitness routine. I also didn't try the Recover because I forgot to take it an hour before bed. Shucks!
Regardless of missing the sleep recovery powder, I woke up with NO soreness. I had done squats, upper body, back, and shoulders. This amazed me but I thought, maybe it'll come the next day? But the day came and went and still no soreness.
Some may argue, "well maybe you didn't work out hard enough" but from other reviews I've seen, many feel like i did. But time after time, use after use, they still had little to no delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS).
Feel free to contact me to learn how you can get your hands on these supplements for your own trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment